Commencing at £27,150 PA with Progression to £29,663 PAWHAT WE DO
Leeds City College prides itself on its students' journeys to success. It is driven by hard work and the strong belief that every student has the capacity to excel, regardless of their background.
The Enterprise & Engagement Directorate overseas 2 curriculum areas; Events, Enterprise & Employability and Supported Engagement. Across the Directorate we offer a range of courses from Entry 3 to Level 3 and support a number of young people with Send & High Needs.
This post will work with the already established Send team within the directorate to continue to develop this provision supporting young people to reach their potential and progress.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop knowledge and understanding of SEND legislation and how this impacts on the local offer, school/SILC College and employer contexts
- Support with EHCP reviews by chairing meetings and completing paperwork that meets the Local Authority standards and within statutory timelines.
- Oversee a cohort of learners ensuring that all relevant support is in place to ensure their needs are met
- Assist with monitoring the attendance of these learners and assisting with interventions as necessary
- Liaise with relevant teams to ensure exam access is in place Work with Curriculum and Pastoral teams to support Send/HN learners
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of current Government SEND legislation/guidance related to transition, education, social care and health.
- Extensive and proven experience of working with students who have high needs / SEND and the implementation of appropriate support strategies.
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of current safeguarding legislation. in relation to SEND / High Needs learners.
For further information please contact: Susannah Button[email protected]