Apprentice IT Support Technician
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Duration: Fixed term contract for up to 2 years, with a view to progression on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Salary: Year 1 up to £18,328 per annum (age dependent)
Year 2 £20,374
Location: Based at Wakefield College or Selby College
This is a fantastic IT opportunity in a growth skills area, for someone who is organised, has a strong sense of responsibility, accuracy and attention to detail and would like to make IT their chosen career path.
As a member of the dedicated and professional IT Services team, you will follow a development programme which will give you a broad range of experience over the period of your apprenticeship. You will work as part of a team who provide first and second line IT support to users throughout the College Group, resolving technical problems to ensure a high standard of performance of IT facilities within the Group.
As an Apprentice IT Support Technician, you will:
- Respond to requests for assistance and technical support, assigned via the IT helpdesk, to minimise down time and help achieve the most efficient use of technology available.
- Proactively provide information to users on the progress of outstanding support tickets and maintain accurate helpdesk records to ensure effective service delivery.
- Deploy computers and associated peripherals including new installations and the redeployment of existing equipment.
- Maintain the existing computers and peripherals by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine procedures. This will include equipment such as interactive whiteboards, projectors, scanners, and printers.
As an Apprentice IT Support Technician, you should have:
- GCSE grade A* - C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or Level 2 equivalent
- GCSE grade A* - C in ICT or equivalent
- Knowledge of hardware, especially PCs and printers
- A willingness to undertake the Level 3 IT Support Technician apprenticeship / qualification*
*To be able to undertake this apprenticeship you must not already hold a Level 3 or higher IT qualification, as this will be undertaken as part of the apprenticeship.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won't be disappointed.
- You will get to learn whilst you earn
- You will gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 additional College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
For further details about this apprenticeship opportunity, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
Closing date: Monday 5 December 2022
Please be aware that this vacancy may close earlier dependent on the level of applications received so if you do wish to be considered we recommend that you complete the application as promptly as possible.
The Heart of Yorkshire Education Group is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.