Salary: Up to £24,688.34 per annum, depending on experience
Hours: 37 per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Site: Across site (Nelson and Colne College & Accrington and Rossendale College)
Closing date: Midnight – Sunday 15 January 2023
Interview date: TBC
‘Would you like to be part of an Outstanding College and a team that aims to create the extraordinary?’
Nelson and Colne College Group is a beacon for educational excellence, made up of a family of colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning & Accrington & Rossendale College. Our College Group is now the only Further Education college in Lancashire to be graded as ‘Outstanding’ under the new Ofsted inspection framework.
Together the Group forms a Sixth Form, Skills and Technology Centre, University Centre, employer training and adult learning provider delivering exceptional teaching and learning to all ages and at all levels.
The Exciting Role
A new and exciting opportunity has become available to join our dynamic and friendly Exams and Registry Team. We are looking to recruit a highly motivated and dedicated Exams Officer to be part of our growing team. The roles will be working across College sites, on a full-time, permanent basis working 37 hrs per week.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of processes and systems within the department bringing your own thoughts and ideas to the table. You will also have the opportunity to work collaboratively with colleagues across the board to building and maintain excellent working relationships.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Contribute to the financial stability of the College and ensuring value for money including processing of invoices in a timely manner and monitoring of late fees and support the co-ordination of timely allocation and completion of tasks relating to all aspects of Exams (to include):
- Student registrations, examination entries and claims, including accurate recording of exams results on the ILR security and storage of question papers, coursework and examination scripts in accordance with board regulations (including in between sites)
- Liaison with examination boards
- Liaison with external examiners, inspectors and assessors
- Co-ordination of exam clashes and access arrangements for students
- Co-ordination of post results service
- Organisation of examination sessions including exam timetable preparation and rooming, for internal and external exams
- Receipt and processing of results to students and staff and onto the EBS system
- Receipt, processing and distribution of certificates
- Support the Exams Team Leader in the organisation, co-ordination and administration of the exam’s functions relating to all college provision (to include apprenticeship, vocational, T Levels, A level/GCSE and Lancashire Adult Learning (LAL)
- Support the Exams Team Leader to develop and sustain excellent working relationships with curriculum and cross college areas enabling the delivery of an effective and quality service across the organisation
- Support the Exams Team Leader in working collaboratively with the Quality Unit to ensure compliance and quality assured processes are in place, including adhering to all Awarding Body and external organisation regulations and deadlines.
What We Are Looking For:
- Level 3 qualification or higher or demonstrable relevant experience
- 4 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English at Grade C or above (or relevant knowledge and experience to demonstrate this level of understanding
- Excellent diverse working knowledge of various Awarding Body processes (eg NCFE, AQA, City and Guilds, Pearson)
- Demonstrable experience of co-ordinating and administrating large-scale exams (including A level and GCSE) ensuring compliance and accuracy
- The ability to work under pressure and meet competing deadlines
What We Offer in Return:
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave allowance including a two-week closure over the Christmas period
- A range of health and wellbeing benefits and support
- Staff recognition scheme, including long service awards
- Fantastic family friendly policies
- Free on-site parking on all College sites
- Opportunity to explore flexible working
Please visit our ‘working for us’ section of our website for a full list of our benefits https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/working-for-us/benefits/
How to Apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please click apply now and complete an application form.
Further questions: please contact our friendly HR Team [email protected]
*Please note we only accept applications submitted via our website*
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.