Job Title: Learning Support Technician
Salary: Up to £22,945 pro rata
Hours Per Week: 16
We are actively searching for a Learning Support Technician
to join our Public Services and Sports team
at our Oval Campus
for 16 hours per week.
We will offer a salary of up to £22,945 pro rata
per year plus many added incentives including:
To view the full Job Description and Person Specification please visit our official careers page and locate the vacancy there. Why Join Us?
- Complementary employee carparking
- Outstanding facilities in stateof-the-art environments
- Enhanced annual leave entitlement
- Enhanced family friendly policies and leave
- Financial support for teaching qualifications available
- DBS checks completed and paid for by the employer
- Company is committed to CPD
- Flexible approach to work
- Pension contribution rates currently at 19.6%
At Wirral Metropolitan College we truly live our values of Success, Passion, Integrity, Respect and Opportunity enabling us towards our vision, "to be an inclusive, outstanding college". We recognise our people are our most important resource and are at the core of ensuring that our students have the most enriching and rewarding time at the College. We recognise that coming to work is a significant part of our lives; it helps to define who we are. About the Job Job Purpose To support students across Public and Uniformed Services
- To work with Teaching staff to ensure appropriate and effective support is provided to meet individual student needs.
- To contribute to the maintenance of all necessary tracking and monitoring documentation.
- To work with group profiles and action plans prepared for student groups and individuals to ensure equality of opportunity.
Wirral Metropolitan College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants who are offered employment will be subject to a record check from the Disclosure and Barring Services before the appointment is confirmed. It is an offence to apply for the role if the applicant is barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. Wirral Metropolitan College is actively committed to maintaining an environment which promotes and embeds equality, diversity and inclusion as a core value and welcome applications from all sections of the community. The College ensures the principles of the Equality Act 2010 are adhered to and all job applicants and employees are treated equitably and fairly.
- Level 2 qualification in English and Maths or equivalent qualification.
- Have demonstable knowledge of working with a wide range of young people needing additional support
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to a wide range of students