Level 3 (under 18 yrs) £5.11 p/h or £9,858(18-20 yrs) £7.13 p/h or £13,755(21-22 yrs) £9.48 or £18,289(23+ yrs) £9.65 p/h or £18,617 ** This role is 35 hours per week ****Fixed term contract until February 2024** What We Do:
This is an exciting opportunity to join Leeds City College as a Apprentice Learning Mentor in our outstanding 14+ Academies (14+ Apprenticeship Academy and 14+ PTECH Academy). We are seeking a ambitious, talented and adaptable individual to undertake this role. The 14+ Academies is an vastly oversubscribed safe and inclusive environment that is accepting of everyone. It provides opportunities to young people to develop, maximise their potential, raise aspirations and embrace their individuality. Relationship building is at the heart of its ethos. What You Will Do:
- Deliver the personal development curriculum as part of tutor time to a form group in the 14+ Academies including the collection or evidence in this respect.
- Give academic and development support and coaching to all learners in the 14+ Academies.
- Work hard to develop effective relationships with learners in a variety of ways including role modelling mutual respect and high aspirations.
- Motivate and inspire learners to always try their best and show respect.
- Support groups of learners on their vocational days by working with the relevant departmental staff.
- The ability to form meaningful and impactful relationships quickly.
- Able to work positively and effectively as a member of a team and on own initiative.
- The ability to adapt to change and hold key problem skills.
Vacancy Contact: Ellie Barker - [email protected]