Commencing at £24,886 PA with Progression to £26,359 PAWHAT WE DO
The Events, Enterprise and Employability Department at Leeds City College is a vibrant area with an exceptional and successful reputation for offering a 'learning by doing' curriculum.
Our outstanding department is full of energy and passionate about what we do. The courses we provide encompass a wide range of creative and bespoke pathways for our spirited learners studying Level 1, 2 and 3 qualifications. Our staff are highly skilled educationalists with strong industry links and knowledge.
Both specialist academic teachers and pastoral support staff ensure that each of our learners are provided with an exceptional journey with outcomes that echo this. With our guidance and support, the learners grow in self-confidence and gain the skills they need to pursue further study or to start a successful career.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources, including the development of on-line learning resources, for identified student development themes.
- Deliver sessions across the curriculum areas using a wide range of teaching and learning methods.
- Build positive relationships with learners and provide support to ensure successful outcomes as well as encourage participation and involvement in enrichment and engagement activities.
- To help reduce any barriers to learning students face to participate fully in their college course and learner experience.
- You will have experience or an interest in working with disengaged / disadvantaged young people in an educational setting, FE or Secondary education.
- You will have a genuine passion to gain the knowledge and understanding of barriers to learning and strategies to overcome these.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work effectively in a team based environment.
- Genuine desire to work to achieving a L5 teaching qualification
For further information please contact: Pauline Armitage-Evans[email protected]