Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the centre is clean and tidy and meets the requirements of the cleaning specification.
- Ensure all bins are emptied and cleaned
- To operate cleaning machinery as per instruction and training.
- Vacuum, mop, buff, sweep all floor surfaces as appropriate.
- Cleaning Toilets including sanitary fittings and surrounds.
- Replenishing Janitorial supplies in toilets
- Polishing/damp wiping and arranging furniture.
- Cleaning glass/windows/vision panels
- Assist with deep cleans when required
- Wiping furniture including desks, ledges, pipes, paintwork, doors, and all other fixed assets
- Ensure all tools and equipment are kept clean and in good working order, reporting any faults to cleaning supervisor
- Report defects or issues likely to affect teaching, learning and or health and safety
- To use appropriate cleaning materials in accordance with relevant instruction guidance and COSHH regulations
- Assist with ensuring that Health and Safety standards are maintained.
- Adhere to the organisational policies and procedures including equality and diversity.
- Any further duties deemed reasonable by line management.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
a) Comply with internal and external quality standards and contribute to the College’s strategic aims.
- Comply with college policies and procedures and health and safety regulations.
c) Support the safeguarding and promotion of students’ welfare.
d) Maintain confidentiality in relation to all College information and to comply with Data Protection Legislation.
- Participate in the College’s Appraisal scheme and undertake any training as required.
- Support and actively participate in the implementation of the College’s Equal Opportunity policies.