WHAT WE DO
This role will be based at our Home Farm in Temple Newsam. The farm is enveloped by acres of picturesque parkland and scenic gardens that are overlooked by a listed Tudor-Jacobean mansion. Occasionally you maybe expected to also work from our Printworks Campus, which is a stone's throw away from Leeds Dock and the beautiful banks of the River Aire.
The School of Land and Animal Science is looking for a highly motivated Course Leader in Horticulture. This is a new job role due to growth in students in the department. Horticulture is a new curriculum area for the college, we have a number of exciting developments in the department so this is a great time to join the team. This is a fantastic opportunity if you are passionate about horticulture and enjoying teaching learners. The ideal candidate will enjoy working both in and outdoors.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will be teaching mainly 16-18 year old learners on full time study programme's alongside some apprentices that are on day release.
- You will be pivotal in raising our students aspirations and supporting them to achieve their outcomes
- You will provide an exceptional teaching, learning and assessment environment for your students and those of the teachers you line manage.
- You will work with the Head of Department and Programme Manager to successfully advertise horticulture courses and recruit learners.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
- An existing course leader or someone ready to develop their career
- Someone with a can do attitude with a flexible approach to work
- A team player who can encourage and develop their team to ensure the best possible outcomes for their students.
For more information about the role please contact:Jack Anderson[email protected]