Job Location: The Roundhouse, Pride Park, Derby Reference number: E4866 Salary: £23,631 per annum Hours: Full time Closing date: 31st January 2023
Would you like to join an innovative and dynamic team who aspire to reduce barriers to learning and promoting positive behaviours? We are recruiting a Student Engagement Mentor to join our Student Experience and Pastoral Team at Derby College, on a fixed-term basis until 31 st July 2023. Role Responsibilities:
- To devise, implement and evaluate specialised mentoring programme of work to encourage and raise aspirations and learning behaviours.
- To work with teaching staff and/or other support staff in devising and implementing individual learning plans to promote students' academic, social, emotional and behavioural development.
- To plan and facilitate structured activities, to support students to make appropriate use of unstructured times.
- To plan and draw up approaches that could be used to support students both individually and within a group.
- To train and support identified staff, by modelling approaches, with a view to staff feeling confident and able to use the approaches following the withdrawal of Student Engagement Mentor.
- Competent with Microsoft systems and administration procedures and systems
- Knowledge or experience of working within the FE sector
- Level 2 English
- Level 2 Maths, Level 2 IT qualification, Minimum Level 3 qualification in coaching and / or mentoring (or willing to work towards)
If his role sounds interesting, please see the Job Description and apply below: Job Description