WEA have an exciting opportunity for an EME Sessional Tutor to join our North East & Cumbria team.
We would also welcome applicants with other specialities, all applications will be considered.
- £27.34 per hour, teaching rate
- Agile working opportunities;
- Teachers Pension;
- Employee assistance programme;
- Cycle to work scheme.
As a Sessional Tutor, you will provide the highest possible quality teaching and learning to a group of learners, primarily face to face in community centres in Carlisle and the rural areas surrounding.
The scale and breadth of our curriculum offer is what makes us special. It is our most powerful and important tool in meeting the needs of our learners and the communities, regardless of starting point or educational need.
Providing engaging teaching, learning and assessment with a creative and supportive approach to teaching, adapting to a range of learning styles, and ability to differentiate delivery to learners with mixed abilities to develop learners` knowledge and understanding.
Undertaking effective initial assessments and diagnostic activities and preparing course materials, ensuring a wide range of formative and summative assessment practices, which motivates and stretches learners to reach their objectives.
You will plan, prepare and teach courses face to face using Canvas, the WEA`s virtual learning environment. Supporting the wider delivery of a quality curriculum offer that supports the work of the Association.
Are you passionate about lifelong learning? Join the UK's largest voluntary sector adult education provider.
As a Tutor, you should have:
- Teaching qualification (PCGE, CertEd, DET or equivalent), level 5 specialism and ideally have IQA and Assessor qualifications;
- Experience of design and implementation of innovative learning, schemes of work and lesson plans;
- Experience in a range of initial assessment and diagnostic tools;
- A thorough understanding of RARPA as well as the EIF and the quality processes that underpin your delivery;
- Experience of working with adults in hard-to-reach areas who may face multiple barriers to education;
- Strong working knowledge of Ofsteds Education Inspection Framework;
- A strong team work ethic. We like to collaborate and support each other;
- A passion for adult education, and making a difference!
The WEA is the UKs largest voluntary sector provider of adult education, a charity dedicated to bringing high quality, professional education into the heart of communities.
We are working hard to create a workplace that reflects the communities we seek to serve and in which everyone feels empowered to be themselves and work together to drive positive change. We strongly encourage applicants from a diverse range of candidates and encourage everyone with the appropriate skills, experiences and potential to apply.