At Preston College we take great pride in supporting all of our learners to achieve the qualifications they need, alongside the development of technical skills and knowledge that employers and universities are looking for.
We are a “Good” College and Ofsted agree. We have ambition for all our learners, communities, employers and staff. Our Board of Governors is committed to a Five Year Plan, which sets out our aspiration to become an Ofsted Outstanding College by 2022/23.
Our mission is to help make learners the most employable they can be.
The Department of Apprenticeships plays a vital role in the College’s ability to respond to local and regional business needs whilst serving the community we are so proudly a part of. The provision of a high quality support service across the College is therefore central to our success and we are looking for an exceptional candidate to work with us to achieve our future goals.
Job Title: Business Development Leader
Salary: JFG 3 – SCP3- £31,282 – SCP33- £35,217 per annum pro rata. (Depending on qualifications and experience)
Hours: 37 hours per week. 1.0 FTE
Contract Type: Business Support
If you feel that we are the College for you and that you are the person we require then we welcome your application.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 20th February 2023 at 12 noon
Interview Date: WThursday 2nd March 2023
The successful candidate for this appointment will be required to apply for appropriate disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Our mission is to make our learners the most employable they can be. We do this by supporting all of our learners to achieve the qualifications they need, alongside the development of technical skills and knowledge that employers and universities are looking for.
What we offer:
Preston College have been awarded ‘Gold’ by Investors in People and we have a wide range of benefits for staff. Some of these are outlined below, for a full list visit www.preston.ac.uk/jobs
• Professional Development Opportunities including staff days and supported CPD.
• Opportunities to obtain qualifications essential to your role and support to achieve them.
• Opportunities for career and pay progression, including annual cost of living increases.
• Generous Annual Leave entitlement.
• Local Government Pension Scheme / Teacher’s Pension Scheme.
• Family friendly college policies including special leave, career break, job share and flexible working (role dependent).
• Free car parking.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Subsidised health and fitness suite, hair and beauty treatments and 20% discount off FUNDA children’s holiday club all based at Preston College.