We are delighted that you are considering applying for the post of Temporary Foundation Learning Support Tutor to take up post from 29th August 2023 to 27th June 2024.
The Foundation Learning Department at Cardinal Newman is a dynamic and committed team comprising of fulltime and part-time staff delivering the courses around Pathways to Independence and Employability.
All staff members are SEND specialists, having worked with young people with LDD in a variety of settings. There is a team ethos of collaboration and commitment to continuous improvement. All staff are committed to the academic and pastoral support for students so they can fulfill their potential and progress into further pathways for adulthood.
The department has an excellent record of progress and achievement through delivery of high quality qualifications, vocational options and enrichment. As well as being successful academically, the department is an integral part of the wider college community; fully integrating in all college life and activities.
Cardinal Newman is a wonderful place to work and we welcome applications from those who are keen to gain a broad experience of working in an outstanding institution. We are a happy and thriving Catholic Sixth Form College committed to equality and diversity welcoming colleagues from all backgrounds into our community irrespective of their religion or belief, ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, marital or pregnancy status.
Completed application forms should be returned to the Human Resources Department (via email or post) by 9.00am on 9th June 2023. We do ask that you accept, in the interests of economy, that if you have not heard from us by the end of June you have not been selected for interview on this occasion. We will confirm receipt of all applications by email within one working day of receipt. Please call the HR team if you have not received a confirmation email by the closing date. Please note we do not accept CV's, if you wish to apply for the post please find an application form on our vacancies page https://www.cardinalnewman.ac.uk/job-vacancies
Main Terms and Conditions: Support Staff
Salary: The post will be paid on the Sixth Form Colleges' Support Staff Pay Spine at points 7 to 11 pro rata to £21,394 to £24,138 per annum. Actual salary £11,588.76 to £13,041.29 per annum
Payment of Salary: Your salary will be paid by BACs transfer into your bank account on the last banking day of the month (except at Christmas when payment is made before the holiday)
Pension Scheme: You will automatically become a member of the Local Government Pension Scheme (unless you opt-out). Further details are available at www.lancs-pensions.org.uk
Working hours: 26.25 hours per week, term time only, plus additional time off at October half term, Christmas, and early finish at summer.
Working hours for the role will be 9.15am - 4.15pm (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday) and 9.15-4.30pm (Tuesday)
Holidays: Holiday entitlement is pro rata to 22 days annual leave plus 8 statutory and 4 concessionary days. After 5 years' continuous services the annual leave entitlement increases to pro rata to 25 days annual leave.
DBS Clearance: This post requires Disclosure and Barring Service clearance as well as a range of other safer recruitment checks.
Post Title: Temporary Foundation Learning Support Tutor
Responsible To: Head of Foundation Learning
All staff must make a positive contribution to
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Your detailed responsibilities, which might change from time to time to support the needs of students and the department, are as follows:
1. To facilitate the flexible support and development of learning opportunities for the Department’s students in classes, at external venues, infilling into mainstream and other environments.
2. To provide pastoral support for students having a wide range of learning difficulties/disabilities; emotional behaviour issues and other more complex needs.
3. To support students’ additional needs which may include personal care, toileting, mobility, behaviour management etc.
4. To support students during breaks and lunchtimes in order to help develop their social skills and to access all college facilities i.e. canteen, library.
5. To contribute to the initial, baseline and continuing assessment of students and their progress including transition.
6. To maintain clear, timely and accurate Departmental records in order to review students’ learning needs, attendance, progress etc. effectively and efficiently.
7. To adhere to Departmental aims and objectives, contribute to open events, team meetings, departmental developments, and contribute to achieving self-assessment improvement targets
8. To assist in maintenance, procurement and preparation of Departmental resources, in particular to develop appropriate resources to support students with a Visual Impairment.
9. To participate fully and positively in staff development opportunities to improve effectiveness, develop skills and increase and update knowledge.
10. To actively promote College Policies and Procedures E.g. Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding.
11. To undertake any other duties of a similar nature and level, as requested by the Principal or his/her designated alternate
*Following an initial offer of appointment. Cardinal Newman College has a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to Enhanced Disclosure Clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service. Please note candidates’ suitability to work with children will be explored at interview and confirmed through references for the appointee.