B&FC are welcoming applications for a full-time Lecturer within our Access and Continuing Education department.
You will contribute to achieving excellence in teaching, learning and assessment through innovative and excellent practice, driving our continued success in providing a high quality teaching and learning experience to ensure student success.
You will assist in the development and delivery of the managed learning of students, specifically within GCSE Maths.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Teaching in further education is unique, if you've got industry experience and a passion for sharing your skills, you could be a great teacher. You don't always need teaching experience or an academic degree to get started. B&FC offer fully-funded teaching qualifications
whilst you work. For further information on the courses, please visit Teaching Qualifications at B&FC Rewards and Benefits
- Enhanced annual leave allowance of 50 days (full-time equivalent)
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Competitive pension scheme:
- Teachers' Pension Scheme (TPS) - 23% employer contribution
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) - 17.9% employer contribution
- Extensive professional development opportunities for all, with B&FC choosing to invest circa. £1.8m annually in colleague development and professional qualifications
- Agile working opportunities
- Enhanced Family friendly policies
- Extensive wellbeing provision including, but not limited to:
- Access to funded Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) available 24/7, 365 days a year
- Occupational Health
- FREE Flu Vouchers for those not entitled through the NHS
- FREE eye tests
- Dedicated Wellbeing Hub available to all colleagues containing rich and varied content with resources relating to emotional, physical, financial and social wellbeing
- FREE healthy breakfast
- Sports facilities including fully equipped gym and discounted memberships
- Health and beauty salon
- Trim Trails on Campus (guided routes for walks)
- Onsite food outlets and Starbucks at subsidised rates
- FREE car parking
- Onsite kids 'Sports Camp' 8am - 5pm during selected half-term breaks
B&FC is committed to the promotion of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion in all resourcing practices. Please email [email protected]
should a specific adjustment be required to support in the application and selection process
B&FC is dedicated to safeguarding and the promotion of the welfare of all learners, and expects all colleagues to share in this commitment. As such, employment at B&FC is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check via the Disclosure and Barring Service. For further information on DBS, please click here
The amendments to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020) provides that when applying for certain jobs and activities, certain convictions and cautions are considered 'protected'. This means that they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website. Check whether your conviction or caution is spent by visiting Disclosure Calculator