Full time | Permanent | £24,286 - £33,849 (plus £5,000 market forces uplift)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lecturer in General Engineering to join the Engineering and Babcock Academy. You must have:
Your main responsibilities:
- A Level 3 Qualification in Engineering
- Experience of working in an Engineering Environment
- Hold a Teaching Qualification or be willing to work towards .
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills.
- The ability to stay organised and prioritise your workload.
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Good face to face communication.
- Good IT Skills
- Create and deliver high quality Engineering lessons both in the classroom and in the workshop.
- Be a course tutor and mentor for Engineering Students.
- Assess and mark students' work in a timely manner.
- Maintain a good standard of paperwork for each course you teach.
- Keep up to date with the latest Engineering practices
- Look after the Wellbeing of students
- 50 Days Annual leave including Bank Holidays and College Closure .
If you would like any further information email Alan Austin via [email protected] If you want to be rewarded well for investing in people's futures - we want to hear from you! Apply now through the City College Plymouth recruitment portal at www.cityplym.ac.uk/jobs
- Career development opportunities.
- Generous contributions towards your pension.
- Exclusive access to discounts at various UK attractions, restaurants, travel and theatre.
The College reserves the right to close this advertisement early if sufficient applications have been received.
At City College Plymouth, one of the country's largest providers of quality education and training, we are going through a period of transition to enable us to propel education into the future. We pride ourselves on delivering a learning environment and organisational culture that impact positively on the health, wellbeing and sustainability of our community and enables all our students and staff to achieve their full potential.
City College Plymouth is home to thousands of bright and enthusiastic students and 650 talented and experienced staff. You will be joining a college that is proud of its culture, where our core values of Respect, Ownership and Integrity are there to nurture and support a passion for teaching and learning, enriching our community through knowledge, experience and skills enabling every student to be the best they can be.
City College Plymouth is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The College is an equal opportunities employer.