Role: Applied Science Lecturer
Location: East Riding of Yorkshire
Pay: £22.41 - £25 per hour including holiday pay
Duration: 1 day per week, Temporary until end of academic year
We are working with a FE college who are looking for a Science Lecturer on a temporary basis to start ASAP. If you have experience in teaching Level 3 Applied Science / Forensics, then please get in contact.
What the role of a Applied Science Lecturer will involve?
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans.
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- Plan, prepare and develop effective schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources including the development of on-line learning resources for identified modules.
- Deliver inspiring sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods for identified modules.
- Assess student work, provide constructive and timely feedback to motivate and inspire the learner to improve and record learners' progress for identified modules.
- Carry out internal verification duties in line with quality assurance processes. Develop and strengthen relationships with learners and provide support to ensure successful outcomes.
What the Applied Science Lecturer will need:
- English and Maths at grade A-C or above
- Level 3 or higher in appropriate qualification
- Previous FE Teaching experience ideally
- Previous experience teaching Level 3 Applied Science
- DBS child and adult workforce on the update service (we can apply for this on your behalf)
- A good knowledge of Safeguarding (we can offer free online training)
All candidates who register with Reed Further Education will have 2 years' referencing taken up and will be required to have a DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment by completing mandatory training within 6 weeks of your first assignment and annually thereafter.