Salary: Grade 3 (Outer London): 24,804- 25,212 FTE ; Actual Pro Rata Salary: 22,399.92- 22,768.38 (41 weeks per year, 37.5 hours per week)
- Assisting and advising teaching staff on the preparation and layout in classrooms for practical exercises, running trials of experiments, demonstrations and helping students with learning activities
- Ensuring equipment and materials are prepared to the teacher's specifications, including making up special equipment or modifying from existing equipment
- Advising students and staff on the safe and proper use of tools and equipment and on the correct and safe way to carry out learning activities
- Assisting in the safety, repair and general maintenance of all resources, equipment and tools, and advising where any maintenance or inspection is beyond your competence
- Ensuring the welfare and care of any plants and animals in the science area and the security of the equipment
- Ensuring understanding of science syllabus and schemes of work to prepare for practical lessons adequately
- Assisting with stock keeping
- Undertaking safety checks and risk assessments to comply with the requirements of Health and Safety, COSHH and other relevant legislation and school documentation
- Ensuring that all equipment and materials are stored safely, securely, and in good condition
- Safe disposal of used chemicals/hazardous waste
- Keeping up to date with health and safety regulations and with developments in practical science
- Working with other technical staff to assist in keeping areas neat, clean, tidy and in a safe condition in readiness for lessons, as well as cleaning and making safe spills, breakages and related incident
- Qualifications to A Level or equivalent (A Level in either physics, chemistry or biology)
- COSHH training as appropriate
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
- Good understanding of a range of chemicals and their properties
- Experience or solid understanding of working as a technician in a school or educational establishment, undertaking a range of practical tasks
- Competitive salary with permanent contract
- Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Wellbeing Cash Plan
- Pension Scheme (LGPS) + Additional Federation Benefits
- A warm, supportive and collaborative work environment
- Ongoing support for professional growth
- Staff welfare and development opportunities
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dedicated Science Department by working as a Science Technician and helping shaping young minds through engaging and practical science education!
To apply this Science Technican role, please submit your CV or send it directly through to Siv on (url removed). We look forward to receiving your application.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
Veritas Education Recruitment
Veritas Education Recruitment