PMLD Teaching Assistant - SEND School - Islington, North London
Empowering Learning are currently seeing experienced and compassionate candidates who have previous experience in supporting children, adults and or the elderly with PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities). You will be working with children and young adults with complex and severe learning difficulties in a SEND School in Camden, North West London. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the class teacher in delivering a high-quality education and care for students with PMLD and other additional needs.
- Islington, North London
- Full Time - Monday to Friday
- 8:30am to 3:45PM
- Immediate Start
- SEND School
- Must be able to commit to a full time role working 5 days per week, 8:30am to 3:PM
- Experience working with children, adults and or the elderly with additional needs
- Understanding of PMLD and experience working with students with severe and complex needs.
- Knowledge of the National Curriculum and the ability to support learning across different subjects and age groups.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
- A positive and caring attitude towards students, with a desire to help them succeed
- Experience with behaviour management techniques and strategies
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Work with the class teacher to create and deliver personalised learning plans for each student, based on their individual needs and abilities.
- Support students with all aspects of daily living, including feeding, toileting, and personal hygiene.
- Create a positive and safe learning environment that promotes student well-being and engagement.
- Develop and implement strategies for managing challenging behavior, working closely with the class teacher and external professionals as needed.
- Provide assistance and support for students with physical disabilities, including moving and handling, and use of specialist equipment.
- Foster positive relationships with students, parents, and caregivers, maintaining regular communication and providing support and advice as needed.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this role then please apply today or contact Hollie Myers at Empowering Learning.