About the Role
Apprenticeship Rates for this post are dependent on the candidate's age. See below for the applicable rates: Level 3 Apprenticeship Rates Under 18 years £10,765 18-20 years £15,028 21-22 years £20,218 23+ years £20,391
Are you a team player who is passionate about events, with a keen eye for detail?
Leeds City College is the main education provider for post - 16 students within the Leeds City region. This post sits within the Events, Enterprise and Employability Department, who prioritise practical based learning.
You will work within the Cross College Events and Project Team, who work together to create a diverse and eclectic range of events, ensuring that they contribute positively to the student experience by enhancing practical learning to accompany the student's courses. We work alongside curriculum departments to create hands-on events or approach tutors with external partnership opportunities that we have built, to help learners expand their portfolios of experience. Our event opportunities are limitless and have previously included Award Evenings, Summer Festivals and Charity Fundraisers.
You will be part of the Events Team to design, facilitate and review events and projects throughout the educational year that enhance learner skills as well as promote the talent to external stakeholders and partnerships.
The ideal candidate will possess strong organisational skills, be adept at managing multiple tasks simultaneously, and be committed to meeting established targets and deadlines. Given the necessity to interact with students, tutors, and businesses, effective communication skills and comfort in presenting to diverse audiences are essential. Being hands-on and proactive, you will actively support all events and projects, seizing the opportunity to shape and personalise your role.What You Will Do
- Support the organisation, coordination, delivery and promotion of a range of projects and events within the curriculum area and across the wider College.
- To devise innovative ways of promoting the events and projects internally to Staff and Students as well as externally as and when applicable.
- To assist with the promotion, maximisation and co-ordination of external opportunities that become available.
- To evaluate and report on events and activities, including student numbers, impact and areas for future improvement.
- To work with external organisations to devise new events, projects and activities.
- To set up and maintain financial systems and budgets linked to events and activities.
- To ensure that increasing students' enterprise & employability skills is at the core of all events and projects devised.
- Complete the Level 3 Events Assistant Apprenticeship.
- Hold a minimum of a Level 3 qualification and both GCSE Maths and English at grade C/4 or above.
- You will need to have an interest in working creatively with a range of different events as well as experience of communicating to a variety of audiences efficiently.
- You will need excellent organisation skills and both verbal and written communication skills need to be strong.
- Experience supporting live events is desired but not essential as you will learn on the job with this Apprenticeship.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements