Job Title: Careers Adviser (Prisons)
Salary: Up to £31,544 pro-rata (depending on skills and experience)
Contract: Permanent, Part-time, 3 days per week
Location: HMP Lewis & Ford
Trigon Recruitment are proud to be supporting an organisation committed to enhancing the lives of young individuals. Our client offers invaluable support, advice, and guidance to assist them in securing employment, pursuing further education, or engaging in training opportunities, thereby enhancing their life prospects.
You Will Need:
- IAG qualification at Level 3 or above (Essential)
- AET qualification at Level 3 (Desirable)
- Maths and English GCSE grade C or above (or equivalent) - Essential
- Commitment to undertake all necessary training for the role - Essential
- Experience working with offenders in prison or the community - Essential
- High organisational skills with good time management - Essential
- Ability to work constructively independently and as part of a team Essential
- Non-judgmental attitude with a desire to support people to fulfill their potential - Essential
- Ability to build effective and professional working relationships with clients - Essential
- Ability to evaluate performance effectively in light of feedback - Essential
- Ability to work evenings and weekends if needed (Desirable)
- Full, clean driving licence and use of a vehicle - Essential
- No criminal convictions affecting the ability to work with children and young people - Essential
As a Careers Adviser, you will:
- Deliver high-quality IAG and Employability service in prisons
- Identify, train, and support peer mentors within the prison
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with prison staff and partners
- Work with prisoners to develop motivation and work-related skills
- Adapt delivery plans to reflect changing circumstances in the prison
- Recruit, manage, mentor, and support a caseload of peer mentors
- Produce Personal Learning Plans and support applications for distance learning
- Collaborate with partner agencies for effective multi-agency support
- Support the preparation of prisoners to be work-ready for release
- Actively source Labour Market Information for progression opportunities
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures related to employment, health, and safety
- Cover other local prisons when required
- Health Shield scheme.
- Life insurance.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption pay.
- Sick pay.
- Bereavement leave.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Opportunity to make a positive impact on prisoners' lives
- Continuous professional development opportunities
Top of Form
About the Client:
Over the past year, they ve assisted tens of thousands of adults and young people, fostering the development of their employment skills and boosting their confidence. The company s mission is to provide top-notch support and engagement to inspire individuals to thrive. Their approach revolves around three core pillars: Information, Advice, and Guidance; Targeted Support; and Training and Development. Through this, they tailor engagement programmes that address the real needs of their service users, implementing innovative approaches to help them maximise their potential.
If you fit the essential criteria and you would like to apply, please submit your CV to this job advert.
If you would like to find out more, please contact Craig Doyle on (phone number removed) or (url removed)