About the Role
The School of Events, Enterprise and Employability offers a wide range of study programmes and apprenticeship opportunities to both 16-18 and 19+ learners who are looking to pursue a career in Events, Marketing, Customer Service and Business sustainability. Our course offers range from Level 1, for learners who may be applying to college with limited previous experience of qualifications through to Level 3 Extended programmes of study which enable students to progress to higher education or supervisory positions within industry.
The School of Events, Enterprise and Employability is seeking a higher level teaching assistant to provide classroom support and assist students in accessing the curriculum. The ideal candidate will have experience working with students in a classroom setting, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop positive relationships with students. The role requires someone passionate about student success, with a solid understanding of the education process and government initiatives. The ability to manage classroom behaviors and promote a safe, inclusive environment is essential. Candidates should be team players, able to work collaboratively with colleagues while demonstrating initiative and time management skills. We seek candidates who are excited to make a difference in our students' lives through individualised instruction, mentoring, and modeling professional standards. If you are committed to helping each student reach their full potential, we encourage you to apply.What You Will Do
- Teaching Assistants are appointed to work with students as part of a team under the direction of the line manager and the supervision of a competent or qualified member of staff.
- To work with other staff to enable students to access the curriculum.
- The post holder will also perform other related practical duties to support learning.
- Post holder can provide short-term cover for whole classes under the direction of a competent or qualified member of staff.
- Good standard of education particularly literacy and numeracy skills to level 2/GCSE grade a-c In English and Mathematics
- Completion of level 2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualification or experience or preparing to teach in the lifelong learning sector level 3
- Experience in providing support to students in a classroom environment
- Experience in supporting and differentiating the relevant aspects of the curriculum for individuals and small groupsExperience in developing and maintaining positive relationships with students
- Time management skills and the need to maximise identified learning by ensuring that educational programmes are maintained at all times in accordance with the class teacher's direction
- Creativity and ability to develop engaging displays and learning resources
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements