About the Role Part-time contract: 22.5 hours per week.
The post holder will provide a customer-focused, responsive, and quality administrative service whilst ensuring efficient, accurate and timely processing of accounts receivable transactions. The post holder will work in the Luminate Education Group finance team, providing a shared service across the group. The post holder will, at all times, comply with Luminate Education Group financial regulations and procedures and maintain a proactive and diligent approach to fraud awareness.What You Will Do
- Create new customer accounts, including for trade customers and students.
- Raise invoices to customers and processing income received.
- Process direct debits to ensure completeness of income, dealing with exception reports and all queries as required.
- Monitor receipts of student loans, providing analysis of that income.
- Review receipts in bank statements to ensure all income is recognised as appropriate in the accounts receivable ledger.
- Receive payments from customers, ensuring all necessary procedures are adhered to.
- Monitor outstanding debt and carry out active credit control by telephone, email and issuing letters to debtors.
- Liaise with the debt management company regarding overdue accounts.
- Previous experience of working with Agresso Business World or similar Finance data systems.
- Used to working with sensitive data and the guidelines that support it.
- Analytical with the ability to present and analyse data.
- Work accurately, with attention to detail.
- A strong communicator - both written and verbal.
- Used to organising your own time and also working to set deadlines.
- Flexible with the ability to juggle tasks to meet changing priorities.
- Familiar with Financial Operations desirable.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements