Who we are
Activate Learning is a pioneering education group with a global reach, committed to transforming lives through our approach to learning.
We see our employees as individuals, empowering them to make the right choices for their ambitions and careers. We value our people as vital to our continued success and aspire to a diverse, open and inclusive environment that provides the motivation for everyone to pursue their career goals and flourish.
When you work for Activate Learning, you're working for an organisation that provides you with the advantages of a large employer, a trusted partner in your career development, and a transformational way of working whilst also investing in building a community environment for everyone. Together, we will bring out the best version of yourself. About the role as a Motor Vehicle teacher:
As the motor vehicle teacher at Reading college, you will teach the full spectrum of our Motor Vehicle courses to our students. A background in Motor Vehicle work is essential, together with experience of new technology including hybrid.
In addition, you will need to have a flexible approach, coupled with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills. You will demonstrate the ability to engage and develop students and role model the attributes that we develop within our learners
- Level 3 or above qualification in relevant subject area
- Educated to GCSE level 4/C or equivalent including Math & English
- Industry experience
- Experience of hybrid technology
This is a full time, permanent contract. Why work with the Activate Learning Group?
Here are some of our benefits:
Applications are reviewed and shortlisted on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to interview, appoint and close adverts early due to the volume of applications we receive. We therefore encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as once we have closed a vacancy you will be unable to submit your application form.
- Enrolment into generous pensions schemes
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Excellent on-site facilities including free onsite parking, refectory facilities, Hair and Beauty salons
- An extensive Learning and Development programme with a range of CPD opportunities
- Specialised support and development for teaching staff
- Access to qualified coaches for all staff
- Leadership and Management development programmes
- Flexible working opportunities, where appropriate
- A comprehensive wellbeing programme including access to the Fika and Everymind app
- Mental Health support including access to Mental Health First Aiders
- Employee resource groups
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend vacancy incentive
- Access to student discount programmes
Activate Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check at the appropriate level.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK as we do not sponsor work permits and work permits from other organisations are unacceptable as proof of right to work in the UK.
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.
Activate Learning are committed to employing people with disabilities and will ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. If you require any reasonable adjustments either at application or interview stage please contact the talent team directly.
If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any partner or employee of our company, you should be aware that they have no authority to enter into an arrangement with you. Should we require recruitment agency involvement, we will contact the agencies on our preferred suppliers list.