Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 per week
Location: Crewe and Ellesmere Port Campus
We are seeking an Vocational Trainer in Motor Vehicle to join our team working across our Campuses at Crewe and Ellesmere Port.
This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and inspiring Vocational Trainer to provide apprentices with an outstanding learning experience.
· Train and Assess learners up to Level 3, in the workplace and College;
· Support learner progress through assessment in the workplace and curriculum delivery;
· Ensuring timely achievement of apprenticeship frameworks and standards; and
· Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons in line with college policies.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
· Assessor qualification (TAQA/A1 or equivalent) or willingness to work towards;
· PGCE or willingness to working towards;
· Industry relevant qualifications to a minimum of a level 3 (City & Guilds/NVQ or equivalent);
· Knowledge and understanding of awarding body standards and requirements;
· Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment;
· Experience of working in further education;
· Up-to-date occupational experience; and
· This role will be based across multiple sites and therefore a full current driving licence, use of a car and insurance for business purposes are essential to this role.
Please see attached Job Description and person Specification for full-details.
If you’re interested in this new opportunity, you can apply by sending a completed application form to [email protected] by 9am on 4 December 2023.
The selection process will take place on 11 December 2023.
· Access to world-class facilities, the use of cutting-edge technologies and digital platforms;
· Financial support offered to obtain your teacher qualification;
· Extensive opportunities for upskilling and continuous professional development
· Competitive salary
· Pension scheme
· 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
· College ‘Count Me In’ social platform
· Onsite fitness and childcare facilities
· Employee benefit platform
· Onsite Costa, café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon
· Free onsite parking
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email [email protected] where arrangements will be made for a discussion with the relevant curriculum area.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure, Right to Work evidence and original qualification certificates. Online checks will be carried out and references will be sought.
Bridgwater & Taunton College
Inspire Education Group
Blackpool and The Fylde College
Bridgwater & Taunton College
Wigan & Leigh College