Technician About the role
To support the smooth running of the Campus, working closely with the Campus Facilities Manager to ensure that the buildings, facilities and services are provided and maintained to all company and legislative standards.
To provide front line technical, IT, resources and facilities related support to students and staff with the focus on the provision of an exceptional student experience.
This may include support at differing locations depending on the needs of the campus and business as whole.
Skills and Experience required:
The Technician will require a good operational knowledge and skills in a range of technical equipment and software used in the delivery of the center's curriculum, including but not limited to:
• Games engines including; Unity, Unreal and Blender
• VR headsets, cameras and videography equipment
• Adobe Creative Suite
• PA & lightning systems, including working knowledge of DMX control and AV network protocols
• Computer workstations and operating systems; Mac OS, chromeOS, Windows
• Music Production software; Logic Pro and Ableton Live
• Music Production hardware; analogue and digital mixing desk, outboard, patch-bays, microphones, MIDI controllers, synths etc
• IT management systems; JAMF, Google workspace
• Acoustic and electronic instruments
• Classroom AV equipment; monitors, cameras etc
• Web streaming hardware and software; Black Magic ATEM vision mixers, OBS and streaming platforms
• Troubleshooting and fault finding AV and IT network systems
• Basic electronic maintenance; making and repairing a range of cables, replacing serviceable parts etc.
• Ability to work with a range of tools and carry out basic building repairs/ maintenance Qualifications
- Level 2 Literacy & Numeracy (Essential)
- H&S Qualification (Desirable)
Applications are to reach us by Friday 12th January 2024 . Please note that we may hold interviews before the closing date.
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
What do we have on offer?
Generous Holiday Allocation: 25 Days annual leave plus bank holidays. Salary
: £22,000 - £25,000 per annum,
Wellbeing Benefits: Health Cash Plan, Doctorline GP Service, Employee Assistance Programme, Access to Counselling and Cycle to Work.
Staff Discounts & Benefits: Access to a benefits platform which offers discounts at over 800 retailers!
Paid Leave: Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Sick pay.
Contract Type: Permanent
Access Creative College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) clearance.
We are committed to promoting a culture of diversity and inclusivity for all our employees and potential employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to creativity. We believe in the diversity of thought, as that's what helps us help our learners. In recognition of our commitment, we would particularly encourage applications from groups who are currently under-represented, which are those from the black, Asian and minority ethnic communities, people with disabilities, and the neurodiverse.