Senior Lab Technician
Temp to permanent
A secondary school in Ealing are seeking an enthusiastic and skilled Senior Lab technician to join their team and work in the school laboratory. The successful candidate will have a science degree & laboratory experience, and a passion for science education. 1 year experience working in a school lab is essential.
This role in temp to perm, once permanent, the salary is approx 28k per annum.
- Set up, maintain and dismantle laboratory equipment for practical lessons across a range of science subjects
- Ensure safety in the laboratory by adhering to health and safety guidelines and regulations
- Order and manage stock of laboratory materials and chemicals
- Demonstrate science experiments to students, and assist with student practical work
- Collaborate with science teachers to develop innovative ways to deliver practical science lessons
- Manage a small team of technicians, plan timetables, hold yearly reviews.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A degree in science and school laboratory experience
- Knowledge and understanding of laboratory equipment and procedures
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- A passion for science education and inspiring students
We offer a competitive salary and continuous professional development opportunities. If you think you have the skills and experience to fill this role, please send your CV to GEMMA at Veritas
Thank you for considering this opportunity.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'