About our school
Somerset Progressive School prides itself on being very unique. Both sites are set in rural locations on the outskirts of Taunton. Each site offers an attractive and stimulating learning environment, combining specialised teaching facilities with local resources.
There is a high staff to pupil ratio with most receiving 1:1 tuition or working in small groups. Pupils are encouraged to work alongside others and co-operatively in pairs and small groups, as the development of social skills and independent work strategies are vital.
Overview of the role of Maintenance Operative:
- Complete general maintenance duties across two education sites
- Ensure all exterior services are well maintained including basic repairs, decorating and gardening
- Respond to any emergency maintenance
- Supervise of external contractors working at the school site
- Carpentry e.g. door hanging, frame fitting and furniture repairs
- Minor plumbing repairs such as installing new taps
- Maintaining the company van
- Maintenance of tools provided by Keys Group
- Assisting operational staff where necessary
- Completing general repairs to a high standard
We would love to hear from people who:
- Have previously worked as a School Maintenance Operative or have completed all duties outlined above
- Are a strong team player who is passionate to make a difference
EPIC benefits of working for Keys Group:
- NEST enhanced pension scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Access to a blue light discount card
- Fully funded training and qualifications for all colleagues
- Enhanced pay scales based on experience and qualifications
- Employee benefits scheme such as wellbeing app and a range of discounts
- Life assurance
About Somerset Progressive School:
Somerset Progressive School (SPS) helps young people toward a better future by supporting pupils in the change and growth that will lead to progress and success. Our aim is to transform lives by preparing our pupils for life, further education and employment.
We provide a safe and supportive environment where learning becomes an enjoyable experience, embodying the Keys Group values of Excellence, Passion, Integrity and Caring
Please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Keys Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, suitable employment references and online searches to safeguard our young people. In addition, this post is exempt from the rehabilitation of offenders act 1974.