Job title: Divisional Administrator
Salary: Up to £23,884.02 per annum – pro rata - depending on experience
Hours: 18.5 per week – Term Time Only may be considered for strong / outstanding candidates
Contract type: Permanent
Site: Accrington and Rossendale College Campus
Closing date: 3rd March 2024
Interview date: TBC
‘Would you like to be part of a team that aims to create the extraordinary?’
Nelson and Colne College Group is made up of a family of colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning and Accrington & Rossendale College. Our College Group is now the only Further Education college in Lancashire to be graded as ‘Outstanding’ under the new Ofsted inspection framework.
Together the Group forms a Sixth Form, Skills and Technology Centre, University Centre, Employer Training and Adult Learning Provider delivering exceptional teaching and learning to all ages and at all levels.
Accrington and Rossendale College has a proud history of delivering high quality vocational courses and technical training, apprenticeships and higher education provision to the communities that we serve. We excel in providing people with a platform to progress into fantastic employment opportunities with rewarding career prospects.
The Exciting Role
This role is advertised by NCC Professional Services. Part of Nelson and Colne College Group, NCC Professional Services provides expert business support services to the wider College Group.
A new and exciting opportunity has become available for a for an enthusiastic, dedicated and hardworking Divisional Administrator to join our cross-college administration team based at the Accrington Campus.
Working in a busy environment covering a variety of duties. The successful candidate will provide an efficient, effective administration service and outstanding customer service.
The successful candidate will be primarily based at our Accrington site but may be required to travel across sites.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Organising and minuting internal and external meetings
• Supporting the College’s Student disciplinary processes
• Act as a parental contact for admin purposes such as setting up meetings.
• Issuing student contracts
• Producing letters for students and Parents
• Updating college systems
• Assisting in tracking student destinations
• Supporting the production of student employment reference requests
• Organising and providing support at parents’ evenings
What We Are Looking For:
• ECDL, CLAIT or equivalent ICT qualification or experience.
• Level 3 Administration qualification
• 4 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English at Grade C or above.
• Experience of working in a varied administrative role.
• Experience of working in a busy office environment.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook.
What We Offer in Return:
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Generous annual leave allowance including a two-week closure over the Christmas period
• A range of health and wellbeing benefits and support
• Staff recognition scheme, including long service awards
• Fantastic family friendly policies
• Free on-site parking on all College sites
Please visit our ‘working for us’ section of our website for a full list of our benefits https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/working-for-us/benefits/
How to Apply:
If you're interested in this post then please click apply and complete an application form.
Further questions: Please contact our friendly HR Team by emailing [email protected]
* Please note we only accept applications submitted via our website.
Please note: All our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children, should you wish to discuss this further please get in touch with the HR Team.