Capital City College Group is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Work Experience Projects Coordinator to join our esteemed institution.
About Capital City College Group:
Capital City College Group is one of the largest and most successful further education providers in London. We have a strong commitment to transforming lives through education and skills training, offering a wide range of courses to thousands of students across our renowned colleges: City and Islington College, Westminster Kingsway College, and the College of Haringey, Enfield, and North-East London.
The Work Experience Project Coordinator plays a vital role in developing and maintaining partnerships with industry stakeholders to facilitate collaboration for work placements, and career development opportunities for students. With a specific focus on securing a large volume of work experience and industry placement opportunities, this role involves networking, relationship building, and coordinating initiatives to bridge the gap between education and industry.
The Work Experience Project Coordinator acts as a key link between the Creative and Digital Skills Academies and external organisations, identifying industry needs and supporting students to ensure they are equipped with the necessary skills and experiences for placements and successful careers.
- Develop and implement strategies to engage with industry partners and stakeholders to source work experience and industry internship placement opportunities.
- Work with employers to develop live brief projects and programmes.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with employers and organisations to secure a wide range of work experience and industry placements for students enrolled in relevant programmes.
- Achieve established targets for the number of leaners placed into work experience and industry placements.
- Act as the main point of contact for employers interested in providing work experience or industry placement opportunities, ensuring effective communication and coordination between the college and external stakeholders.
- Ensure the matching process between students and suitable work experience or industry placement opportunities based on their skills, interests, and career aspirations.
- Ensure completion of the necessary paperwork, agreements, health and safety and compliance requirements for work experience and industry placements including procedures in place to safeguard students.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven experience in work placement coordination, recruitment, or a related field.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to engage and build relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of the further education sector and an understanding of the importance of work placements in enhancing student employability.
- Proficiency in using relevant IT systems and databases.
Why Join Us?
- Make a difference: Help shape the future of our students by connecting them with valuable work placement opportunities.
- Professional growth: Capital City College Group is committed to the development of its staff, providing ongoing training and opportunities for career progression.
- Vibrant community: Join a diverse and inclusive college group that values collaboration, innovation, and the success of its students.
- Central London location: Our colleges are located in the heart of the UK's capital, offering easy access to world-class amenities and cultural experiences.
Closing Date: 25th February 2024
Interview Date: TBC