Beauty Therapy Technician - Colchester Institute
Job Title: Beauty Therapy Technician
Regulated Activity: Yes
Responsible To: Technician Supervisor – Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy
Line management of other staff: No
Location: Based at Braintree, but travel to all sites when required.
Salary: Scale 3, Range 11-14
To ensure that salons are maintained in a safe operational state, that all ‘class’ related resources are prepared in a timely manner and appropriate stock levels controlled.
- All equipment is kept in an operational and safe state with relevant records maintained
- Adherence to Health & Safety at Work Regulations
- The promotion & development of safe working practices
- To undertake any training that is deemed necessary for the post
- Assist and support teaching staff & students with curriculum
- All resources needed by teaching staff & students are prepared in a timely, effective & efficient manner
- To support students in small groups in salon and reception environment
- Monitor and control stock effectively and efficiently following CI regulations
- The post-holder is also required to undertake such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of Colchester Institute provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.
- Work to promote and contribute to the College’s Equality & Diversity policy.
- To apply the College’s Safeguarding and Child Protection policy and practices
This job description is current as the date shown. It may be amended in any way following consultation with the post holder to take account of changes or anticipated changes in the organisation or management of Colchester Institute.