Lecturer in Construction - Colchester Institute
Job Title: Lecturer in Construction
Regulated activity: Yes
Responsible to: Head of Schools of Construction and Engineering
Line Management of other staff:No
Salary: Lecturer – Band 1: Range 23-30, or Lecturer – Band 2: Range 30-37
To teach a range of further and higher education subjects associated with Quantity Surveying, Construction Technology, Sustainable Construction, Project and Finance Management from BTEC level 3 to BSc (Hons) level 6 in the University Centre Colchester School of Construction.
For a Band 2 position
To undertake course leadership and engage with curriculum development opportunities within the organisation.
- To offer inspirational teaching through strong subject knowledge and an engaging way working with students
- To prepare teaching/learning materials and to set, mark and record relevant coursework and assessments in FE and HE
- To conduct teaching/learning activities appropriate to the needs of individual students, courses and the curriculum
- To tutor and advise students in respect of their academic progress and, as appropriate, their pastoral concerns and needs and making referrals to specialist services as appropriate
- To, at all times, maintain high expectations of learners’ work, commitment, and behaviour
- To contribute to the work of subject and programme teams, committees and boards of study, as appropriate
- To contribute to student reports and references
- To keep student attendance records
- To be an ambassador for the subject by actively promoting the Institute’s and University Centre’s programmes, attend open evenings, parent’s evenings, careers’ events, school visits and similar marketing and publicity activities
- To maintain and extend links with external professional and commercial organisations
- To continuously evaluate and improve the quality of learning and teaching within your work by utilising and engaging with the organisation’s professional development and peer observation initiatives.
- To develop and update personal professional expertise in the relevant subject areas
- To apply and actively promote the organisation’s Safeguarding, Prevent, Health & Safety and Equality & Diversity policies.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of Colchester Institute/University Centre Colchester, provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.
This job description is current as the date shown. It may be amended in any way following consultation with the post holder to take account of changes or anticipated changes in the organisation or management of Colchester Institute