Head of Learning and Quality - Forth Valley College
Head of Learning and Quality
£47,215 - £50,532
The college is seeking to appoint a dynamic strategic leader to the new role of Head of Learning and Quality. The Department of Learning and Quality delivers on a number of key strategic priorities for the college, which include:
- Management of the college’s evaluation and quality improvement/enhancement processes to meet Education Scotland/SFC requirements;
- Awarding body coordination, compliance and quality assurance;
- Leadership of the Developing the Young Workforce agenda, including school college partnerships;
- Management and coordination of the college’s university partnerships;
- Management of technologies to support and enhance learning;
- Leadership of the college’s strategic approach to learning and teaching, including creative learning, the evaluation of learning and teaching and support for staff development related to learning and teaching practice.
Reporting directly to the Senior Management Team, you will be a key college manager and be responsible for the overall strategic and operational management of the staff, services and activities of the Department across all campuses. You will support and advise Heads of teaching and support services and lead on the achievement of college strategic priorities across the full range of Learning and Quality functions. You will maintain and further develop the college’s positive strategic relationships with key external partners and stakeholders, including awarding bodies, Education Scotland, local education services and universities.
You will have a degree or equivalent and sound, demonstrable knowledge of contemporary thinking and strategic priorities in learning, teaching, quality and curriculum in the FE sector. You will have significant successful experience of management in an education setting and a strong track record in leading innovation and quality enhancement. You will be a strategic thinker and an excellent communicator with a strong track record of leading and managing effective teams.
Closing Date: Thursday 19 October 2017