Examinations Assistant - Colchester Institute
To work as part of a team to provide efficient administrative support for examinations taken within Colchester Institute and to provide a ‘user-friendly’ advice service for students and staff.
- Assist with the preparation and running of the GCSE public examinations.
- Assist with Exam concession evidence to ensure all are submitted to Awarding Bodies for approval in line with regulations.
- Developing and maintaining systems and procedures for handling examinations and assessment data
- Collecting and inputting data to the colleges computerised student record systems, in particular that associated with assessments and examination entries.
- Operating administrative procedures for student entry with examination boards to include; the preparation and submission of qualification registrations and examination entries by publicised deadlines, and distributing information to curriculum teams.
- Administering procedures for examinations including; liaison with colleagues on invigilation and accommodation, ensuring that examination board regulations are publicised and adhered to, collecting and mailing completed scripts and making appropriate arrangements for students with exam access requirements or clashes of examinations.
- Ensuring that specialised stationery and examination scripts are securely stored, prepared and dispatched in accordance with awarding body regulations.
- Supervising the examinations and on-line testing processes.
- Following administrative procedures for student results within required timescales including; the preparation and submission of qualification achievements, distributing result information to staff and students, recording result information within the college system, and arranging the issue of certificates.
- Maintain and promote effective and appropriate links with other areas across all campuses.
- To work flexibly and effectively as a team member within the unit and externally as required, e.g. attending external training, staff development sessions and input data.
- Undertaking such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of the Colchester Institute provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.
- Work to promote and apply the College’s Equality and Diversity Policy and Practices.
- Work to promote and apply the College’s Safeguarding policy and practices.
This job description is current as the date shown. It may be amended in any way following consultation with the post holder to take account of changes or anticipated changes in the organisation or management of Colchester Institute