HR Assistant - Colchester Institute
Working as part of a highly customer focused HR team this role is responsible for providing a human resources administrative service for managers and staff at the college.
- To provide full administrative support for the recruitment and selection of staff, including advertising, responding to applications, scheduling interviews and being a member of the interview panel.
- To develop and maintain the use of social media to promote College jobs.
- To ensure the accurate and timely completion of notification to payroll of staff changes, starters, leavers and absence reporting.
- To accurately record starter, leaver and changes information onto the HR system/database and to undertake associated administrative processes.
- To prepare and issue contracts of employment and complete new starter pre-employment checks for staff, ensuring all required documentation is submitted.
- To use the HR System to maintain records and provide regular and ad-hoc statistical/management reports as required.
- To collate and issue information to managers as required.
- To undertake general HR administration within the department.
- During periods of high workload or staff absence, to work as part of the HR team in assisting as appropriate to ensure that department deadlines are met.
- Work to promote and apply the College’s Safeguarding policy and practices.
- Work to promote Equality and Diversity in all aspects of the role
- To undertake professional training and be pro-active in own CPD planning and action.
- To undertake any other associated duties as determined by the Director of Human Resources and Human Resources Adviser.
This job description is current as the date shown. It may be amended in any way following consultation with the post holder to take account of changes or anticipated changes in the organisation or management of Colchester Institute.