Education Manager - HMP Bullingdon
HMP Bullingdon’s education department have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Education Manager to join the Milton Keynes College Offender Learning team. As Education Manager, you will support the growth of the department, lead standards, drive team performance, focus on relationship management with key stakeholders and set the direction of the department.
The successful candidate will inspire and challenge staff creating a dynamic culture of innovation and outstanding learning, teaching and student success. Lead the Department in raising standards through the rigorous implementation of target setting, continuous performance management and quality improvement.
You will demonstrate clear, decisive and enterprising leadership in the effective and efficient management of all aspects of the Department’s work, and take forward the work of the Department ensuring its long-term sustainability through the development of new products and services, which meet the needs of students and key stakeholders.
Location: HMP Bullingdon
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: £33,235 - £38,686 per annum
Closing Date: 15 th March 2018
Milton Keynes College: Rewards
- 35 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays
- Amazing discounts with NUS card or Blue Light Card , ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Access to Teachers Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Busy Bee’s childcare vouchers can save working parents up to £933 per year in a variety of registered childcare, such as Nurseries, Nannies, after school activities, Summer Camps and Breakfast Clubs up the age of 15.
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more…
HMP Bullingdon is a complex prison that has a number of functions. It is categorized as a local category B prison which a category C resettlement function, as was well as serving the courts of Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Hampshire, and Wiltshire. HMP Bullingdon has the capacity to hold 1114 offenders all serving a range of sentences from remand to life, with the average length of stay between 3 and 6 months. Education works closely with our prison colleagues to deliver a variety of courses that help prepare learners for employment and positive community living upon release.
The Education Team is on a positive journey with an enthusiastic and committed approach from both Milton Keynes College and prison colleagues, this has resulted in creating a rewarding environment not only for learners but for the staff team who play a key role in transforming rehabilitation for our learners.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Have proven teaching and/or relevant commercial experience.
- Have proven experience of managing teams in a challenging environment, effectively managing tensions as they arise.
- Hold a teaching qualification and ideally Assessor/Verifier awards.
- Have a degree or equivalent qualification.
- Have well developed organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have experience of effectively implementing and managing quality improvement processes.
- Display energy, drive and an entrepreneurial attitude to work.
- Have considerable curriculum development experience and be able to articulate an attractive curriculum vision.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.
Milton Keynes College is a committed safer recruitment employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.