Examinations Officer - Flackwell Heath - Buckinghamshire College Group
1 To supervise, support and train the relevant Management Information Services staff.
2. Deputise for the Team Leader – Timetabling and Examinations where necessary, or when delegated to do so.
- Assist in the preparation of data returns and statistical reports for the College and external bodies.
4. Assist in the checking of DfES statistics and examination results information before publication.
- Process transmission and receipt of EDJ and EDI import and export files, downloading and processing Awarding Body base data files in advance of each examination series.
- Liaise with Awarding Bodies and Curriculum course teams to maintain examination and syllabus details.
7. Assist the MIS Team Leader – Timetabling and Examinations in preparation for audit.
8. To document procedures to ensure the College has a secure audit trail for its external funding.
- To work closely with College staff to ensure they understand and adhere to the procedures and systems related to exams and achievements.
- Ensure special provision is made for candidates with learning difficulties, liaising with the Learning Support Team and Curriculum areas.
11. Raise purchase orders and process GRNs.
12. Assist in processing direct exam registration and entries through customer contact, with collection of any exam fees due.
13. Assist in the preparation, planning, co-ordinating and conducting of internal and external examinations; processing examination papers as they arrive and monitoring levels of examination stationery.
14. Input data onto computerised databases and check accuracy and consistency through examination of output, reporting anomalies and trends to the Deputy Director Information Systems.
15. Assist in the processing of results and production of College statistics in examination results for internal monitoring purposes and for publication as required by Government.
16. Receive and check awarding body certificates and send confirmation of arrival to students.
17. Assist in the training and management of invigilators; ensuring standards set within JCQ/awarding body regulations are met at all times.
18. Provide appropriate information for authorised persons, ensuring compliance with the Data Protection policy.
19. To liaise with College staff on data capture and information needs
20. Assist in the distribution of examination results, deal with queries arising, administer re-mark requests and collect re-sit fees.
21. To represent the MIS department in internal and external working groups, ensuring the department stays up to date with developments in regulations and procedures from the awarding bodies.
22. Carry out general administration duties, as dictated by the academic calendar.
The post holder may be required to work additional hours from time to time which will include regular evening and weekend work, particularly at enrolment times.