Careers/Work Placement Officers
2 days left
- Organisational Type
- GFE College
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented Work Placement Officers to join our Workforce Development team. You will be outgoing and enjoy the challenge of finding and seeking opportunities for young people to engage in the world of work!
You will work across a subject area to the faculty director sourcing and securing placements for young people and will be visiting the work place frequently. You will be an ambassador for the College and this would be an ideal opportunity for graduates starting their career.
As a post-holder, you will be responsible for working cross college with other employer engagement as follows:
1. Playing an active role in the marketing and promotion of the college, with particular emphasis on liaison with external partners, employers and other agencies.
2. Establishing and developing strong relationships with employers/other agencies and having a clear commitment to ensure that these relationships remain long standing.
3. Developing new placement opportunities and ensuring that communication with employers is timely, effective and contributes to high employer satisfaction.
4. Co-ordinating and monitoring learners whilst they are on work experience placements including such aspects as attendance and progress.
5. Maintaining college CRM of past, current and potential work placements.
6. Liaising with curriculum managers, teaching staff and assessment teams to ensure that work placements provide appropriate opportunities for learners to develop and be assessed in both core employability and technical skills relevant to that industry or vocational sector.
7. Support with the learners’ progress whilst on work placements/work experience or relevant unit of their technical qualification.
8. Help prepare students for placements by visiting classes and running appropriate workshops.
9. Being the key point of contact for learners, parents and guardians during the work placement period.
10. Ensuring that a clear communication system exists between all parties.
11. Ensuring that an accurate Health and Safety record system is maintained.
12. Completing all associated organisation/ administrative work and preparation.
13. Taking an active part in all meetings.
14. To take an active part in Employer events.
15. Conducting Health and Safety, and risk assessments on behalf of the college.
16. Any ad hoc duties that are required as part of their role.