Sports Development Officer
- Organisational Type
- GFE College
Milton Keynes College are looking for an enthusiastic and creative Sport Development Officer to join our Care and Active Team.
As Sport Development Officer you will be supporting the Sport Development Team in delivering the College's Sport Strategy as well as bringing your own ideas and initiatives to build on expanding our programmes further to help increase participation.You will be responsible for developing and increasing our participation programmes and work closely with the student engagement team and other partners to ensure a co-ordinated approach to participation.
Delivery of student success will be through the provision of three tiers of sessions, including, Pop up activities and festivals, longer term accessible and informal sessions and higher level provision to allow participants to progress.
More about the rewards
- 25 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays Pro Rata, Per Annum
- Amazing discounts with NUS card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Tax free child care scheme
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more…
Location: Bletchley Campus
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Closing Date: Monday 23rd July 2018
As the successful candidate you will have:
- A degree level in Sports Development or a related area, or have a minimum of 2 years work experience within the sports development area
- A minimum of one NGB level 2 coaching qualification, or be willing to work towards.
- A current First Aid certificate or be willing to work towards one.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the relevant policies and strategies driving sports participation for young people through organisations such as Sport England, NGB’s and Association of colleges Sport (formally British Colleges Sport).
- Experience of working in partnership with organisations to deliver sporting activities/programmes.
- An understanding of the Further Education Sector and the factors associated with it.
- Experience of working within sports leadership and student volunteering.
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 adults in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.