Job type - Full time permanent
Salary - £17,797
Hours - 20 hours per week
Location - Southampton
Do you want to make a difference to young people’s lives, inspiring them to achieve and realise their true potential? If so, then join Nacro at our Bluebird house, who educate, nurture and transform lives.
Who we are looking for?
We are in search of a Workshop Technician to provide support to Learning & Skills tutors in teaching a range of subjects at Bluebird House; especially in subjects such as woodwork, leatherwork, design technology and art. Bluebird House is a specialist, secure mental health inpatient unit, which provides assessment, treatment and care for young people.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To maintain and attend to the equipment in the Vocational construction and workshop areas and to ensure that equipment and materials are available as required and meet health and safety standards.
- To organise the repair and servicing of departmental equipment and deletion of stock as required.
- To organise the ordering, checking and preparation of materials in each subject area.
- To ensure that teaching areas and their associated equipment are kept clean and well stocked with relevant materials.
- To maintain the inventory of equipment for Bluebird House workshops.
- To maintain accurate risk assessments/COSHH records for materials and machinery within the Bluebird House workshops.
The successful applicant will be a highly practical person with good communication skills who is flexible and enjoys working as part of a team. They will ensure Health and Safety standards are maintained in the workshops. Training can be given on all specialist equipment.
A DBS check will be required for this role.