Workplace Trainer - Engineering
Milton Keynes College are looking for a workplace trainer with expert skills in the field of Engineering to motivate train and develop our Apprentices.
Milton Keynes College are looking for a workplace trainer with expert skills in the field of Engineering to motivate train and develop our Apprentices.As a Workplace Trainer, your role will be dynamic, varied and highly rewarding working with employers, Apprentices and curriculum teams. Workplace trainers are assigned a caseload of Apprentices to train and assess throughout the evolution of their Apprenticeship.
You will maintain a strong working relationship with your Apprentices and employer links to ensure that Apprenticeship standards are being met and that Apprentices are progressing to complete on time. A significant amount of the training delivered by workplace trainers is completed as part of apprenticeship programmes, and the school has strong relationships with key Engineering employers such as Niftylift and Nissan Technology.
We are looking for those with the skills and knowledge from the Engineering industry to enhance the learning experiences for our Apprentices, as such we are open to receiving applications from those looking to gain a teaching or assessing qualification.
As the successful candidate for the Trainer role you will be supporting Apprentices through their Apprenticeship in the Engineering industry. This is hugely popular vocation with a high demand. You will support in ensuring that learners are assessed and supported through their Apprenticeship to allow them to progress into their chosen career.
More about the rewards
- 30 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays Pro Rata, Per Annum
- Amazing discounts with NUS card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Access to Teachers Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Tax free child care scheme
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more…
Location: Milton Keynes
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year (may include Saturdays and evenings where required)
Salary: £27,277 - £32,000 per annum
Closing date: Tuesday 23rd October 2018
Interview Date: Tuesday 6th November 2018
As a successful candidate you will have…
- Level 3 or higher in Engineering and/or Manufacturing
- A HNC (desirable)
- A willingness to work towards a HND or a degree
- A teaching qualification, or be willing to work towards this
- An Assessor/Verifier Award, or be willing to work towards this
- Vocational experience and/or occupational competence in the subjects taught and assessed (i.e. machining, mechanical engineering, fabrication & welding)
- Experience of designing and delivering workplace skills and knowledge training sessions
- Experience of assessing Apprenticeships and standalone QCF NVQs
- The ability to assess/train creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of students and be willing to explore new learning strategies
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- The ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Good organisational skills and be able to meet deadlines
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.
Jobs at Milton Keynes College - Whatever your Direction
Milton Keynes College is a committed “safer recruitment” employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.
We want to develop a more diverse workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community