Assessor/Trainer in Building Maintenance & Construction Multi-Skills
Job Title: Assessor/Trainer in Building Maintenance & Construction Multi-Skills
Regulated activity: Yes
Responsible to: Area Head – Trowel Occupations
Line management of other staff: No
Grade: S26 – S30 £25,961 - £29,218 per annum
- To ensure that all workshops are maintained in a safe operational condition, that all teaching and learning related materials are prepared in a timely manner and appropriate stock levels are maintained, working collaboratively with both teaching and support staff to meet the learning needs of students
- To train and assess candidates within a workshop environment, predominantly across college campuses and contribute to the Trowel Occupations and specifically the Multi Skills team commitment to manage, visit and assess Apprentices and Work Experience candidates in the work place.
- To oversee / carry out live practical projects both within the college or other establishments maintaining a high quality of work in accordance to statutory requirements; specifically in relation to the Area’s management and facilitation of GAP and Work Experience
- To, at all times, maintain high expectations of learner’s work, commitment, and behaviour, taking action to ensure the highest of standards are met.
- To continuously evaluate and improve the quality of learning and teaching within your delivery utilising and engaging with the college’s development and observation programmes
- To train and assess candidates towards agreed qualifications and prepare high quality learning and teaching materials.
- With regard Multi Skills and specifically Property Maintenance; to liaise with the colleges work based learning and widening participation centres ensuring compliance with college wide systems and procedures.
- To contribute to the development of curricula and specialist facilities within the Area
- To maintain workshop, equipment and tools to the highest standards ensuring statutory requirements are met.
- To carry out and oversee practical community or college projects ensuring high standards of work are maintained at all times.
- To competently and professionally liaise with customers, parents/guardians and employers.
- To maintain an effective and timely stock control system of materials and consumables including the ordering of materials, tools and equipment. To liaise with AH and/or Asst AH with regard the curriculum area’s procurement needs and be responsible for placing agreed orders to suit those needs
- To prepare materials and equipment as needed by teaching staff and students in a timely, effective and efficient manner
- To contribute to the work of programme teams, committees and boards as appropriate
- To complete appropriate awarding body documentation and ensure compliance of required procedures.
- To monitor candidate progress including target setting and the carrying out of regular progression reviews.
- To assist in the promotion and marketing of programmes within your team and centre of study.
- To apply the colleges Safeguarding and Health and Safety Policy
- To actively promote equality and diversity at all times
- To undertake such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of Colchester Institute provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.
This job description is current as the date shown. It may be amended in any way following consultation with the post holder to take account of changes or anticipated changes in the organisation or management of Colchester Institute