Hours: 37 hours per week
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 26th August 2019
A day in the life of…..
As an Apprenticeship Officer with Eastleigh College Apprenticeship Services, you will be responsible for recruiting and managing a caseload of apprentices throughout their learner journey.
Typical duties of the Apprenticeship Officer will be:
- To develop and maintain working relationships with local and regional employers, assisting them to develop their workforce through the recruitment and employment of apprentices
- Promoting and championing apprenticeships to schools, students and other key stakeholders
- Undertaking initial interviewing and assessment of apprentice applicants
- Providing a comprehensive induction and enrolment process
- Liaising with employers in conjunction with curriculum delivery staff to undertake learner progress reviews, setting SMART targets and taking interventions to maximise learner progress and achievement.
Apprenticeship Officers will manage apprentices to ensure they achieve their full potential whilst the Colleges requirement for outstanding quality & outstanding growth is met.
- Relevant industry knowledge and experience
- Experience of working with apprentices or young people
- IT skills in MS Office packages including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of portfolio building and gathering evidence
- Maths and English at Level 2 or above
- Ideally hold an IOSH Managing Safely Qualification, however full training can be offered to achieve this
- It is an essential requirement of the role for you to hold a full valid UK Driving Licence and have use of a vehicle for work purposes as the role will involve travelling outside of the local area on occasion.
Ideal attributes of applicant:
- Excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to organise your workload within a busy environment.