Workplace Trainer - Digital Technologies
Our apprenticeships team are looking to appoint a Workplace Trainer in Digital Technologies.
You will work with employers and learners to provide a high quality learning experience throughout their qualification with timely successful completion and progression.
We are looking for those with the skills and knowledge from the Digital industry to enhance the learning experiences for our Apprentices, as such we are open to receiving applications from those looking to gain a teaching or assessing qualification.
As the successful candidate for the Trainer role, you will be supporting apprentices through their Apprenticeship in the Digital sector. This is a hugely popular vocation with a consistent high demand. You will play a pivotal role in working alongside employers to plan their apprentice’s learning in company and in college, to monitor and assess their progress through to securing their next step in their chosen career.
Location: Milton Keynes College, Silbury Campus
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per annum
Closing date: Monday 29th October 2018
Interview date: TBC
More about the rewards
- 30 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays Pro Rata, Per Annum
- Amazing discounts with NUS card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Tax free child care scheme
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more…
As a successful candidate, you will have
- Experience of working in an IT role in one or more of the following areas:
- Software development / programming
- Network engineer
- System support / technical support
- System administration
- Vocationally related qualification to level 4 or higher for subject specialism
- Vendor specific qualifications such as CCNA or MTA / MCP
- A recognised teaching qualification or be willing to work towards this
- An Assessor/Verifier Award or be willing to work towards this
- Experience of designing and delivering workplace skills and knowledge training sessions
- Experience of delivering NVQs/Apprenticeships
- The ability to assess/train creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of students and be willing to explore new learning strategies
- The ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Good organisational skills and be able to meet deadlines
- Must have a full clean driving licence and access to their own transport.
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.
Jobs at Milton Keynes College - Whatever your Direction
Milton Keynes College is a committed “safer recruitment” employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.
We want to develop a more diverse workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.