Assistant Area Head in Electrical Installations
Job Title: Assistant Area Head of Electrical Installations
Regulated activity: Yes
Responsible to: Area Head of Electrical Installations
Line management of other staff: Yes
Grade: M38-39 £36,987 - £38,096 per annum
To undertake a Band 2 teaching role within the department.
To assist with operational responsibility for all further education programmes within the area of Electrical Installations.
To assist with managing staff and resources to ensure excellence in teaching, learning and assessment.
To form part of the department management team, working flexibly with other team members, to undertake appropriate management roles to increase the effectiveness of the department.
- To stand in for the Head of Area when required.
- To assist with preparing staff timetables to ensure effective staff utilisation within the team.
- To liaise with timetabling to ensure issues with registers and rooming are resolved.
- To ensure adequate cover for staff sickness and monitor cover arrangements.
- To manage a number of lecturing/teaching/support staff, to include recruitment of new staff, undertaking Performance Development Reviews, objective setting, performance monitoring and staff development.
- To assist with the monitoring of student behaviour, disciplinaries and pastoral support.
- To assist with managing the physical and material resources necessary to support curriculum delivery.
- To liaise with the Head of Area to ensure the effective deployment of staff and non-staff resources within the department.
- To assist the Head of Area with other duties in the department such as:
- Promotion and marketing of programmes.
- Curriculum quality including management of student recruitment, and improving retention and achievement.
- Providing support for the development of excellent practice in teaching staff appropriate.
- Researching and advising on up-to-date teaching methods, modes of delivery, new curriculum initiatives, and to deliver staff development sessions on the above.
- Ensuring continuous improvement of curriculum offer and the implementation of new courses including full cost, and other new income streams.
- Contributing to specialist project teams as necessary within the department and across the college and to disseminate information from such work.
- To apply and actively promote the college’s Safeguarding, Prevent and Health and Safety Policies.
- To actively promote equality and diversity and apply the college’s equality & diversity policy.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of Colchester Institute provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.
- July 2018
This job description is current as of the date shown above. It may be amended in any way following consultation with the post holder to take account of changes or anticipated changes in the organisation or management of Colchester Institute.