Hourly Paid Teacher in Business
Job Title: Hourly Paid Teacher in Business
Reports to: Assistant Head of Business
Pay Rate: FE Course Teaching - £22.6547 - £24.7149 per hour of teaching depending on experience
To provide inspirational teaching on a range of Business/Business Administration subjects on Level 2-3 FE courses. To undertake other duties associated with the role of an Hourly Paid Teacher.
- To prepare appropriate teaching material.
- To carry out teaching appropriate to the requirements of individual courses and students.
- To maintain appropriate student attendance records as required.
- To maintain student discipline.
- To set, mark, record and return relevant coursework and assessments within agreed guidelines.
- To attend, as required, up to 3 meetings a year as specified by the Head of Area. They may include parents’ evenings, course review meetings and curriculum development meetings.
- To take part in the College’s appraisal scheme and staff development programme as appropriate.
- To refer to the appropriate full-time lecturer (Course Tutor, Personal Tutor, Programme Manager) student progress as required and any incident or behaviour which may require further investigation, support or counseling.
- To observe all of the College’s policies including Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities.
- To work to promote and apply the College’s Safeguarding and Child Protection policy and practices.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of Colchester Institute provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.
This job description is current as the date shown. It may be amended in any way following consultation with the post holder to take account of changes or anticipated changes in the organisation or management of Colchester Institute