Teacher of Sociology/Criminology/Forensic Science
This post is available either Full Time, Fractional or Hourly Paid basis, please specify your preference within your application- Job share will be considered) –
The purpose of this role is to plan and teach on agreed programmes including Forensic Science and Criminology and Access to Higher Education as well as Sociology units on other programmes, as required.
Expectations of the Post Holder:
The post holder will undertake assigned responsibilities effectively and efficiently, and within regulatory and legislative requirements; achieve individual and faculty targets within the College’s annual planning and staff performance review processes and budgetary constraints and:
- Actively promote equality and diversity, recognising and actively challenging stereotyping, prejudice and discrimination, ensuring that these principles permeate all teacher practices.
- Ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of this post, in keeping with the College’s existing and developing quality assurance systems.
- Be committed to professional self-development, through participation in the College continuing professional development programme which includes industry-based work shadowing, attending seminars, College staff development days and training events appropriate to the job role.
- Comply with and promote College Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary.
- Support cross-college events such as Open Evenings and Enrolment sessions when required.
- Adhere to all College procedures.
- At all times seek to serve the best interests of the College.
- To provide cover for teaching and or related activities.
Closing Date: (Noon) Tuesday 3rd September 2019
Interview Date: Wednesday 18th September 2019