Activate Apprenticeships is a dynamic apprenticeship and training provider which has grasped the new apprenticeship reforms and is growing by 30% annually. At our heart is a commitment to learning integrity and service agility. With a 50 year pedigree, 1,200 existing business clients and a new partnership with Grant Thornton, we want to appoint a Tutor to teach and assess students on an HNC level 4 study program.
The program with be primarily delivered at Chichester College (PO19 1SB). Additional delivery may also be required at two other sites.
The successful candidate will:
- Teach and assess adult learners employed as process leaders and lead associates.
- Have up to date knowledge of manufacturing, preferably in the car industry including Industry 4.0.
- Be competent to deliver all eight units identified for the program
- Be a flexible and organised individual able to manage workload, working to tight timescales ensuring students complete within schedule, with the ability to work within the established team.
Delivery design and continuous improvement, and meeting the customers needs will form an integral part of this role, in addition to ensuring quality standards are met.
A teaching qualification is desired but not essential, however a commitment to achieve an appropriate teaching and learning qualification will be required.
1. Manufacturing planning and scheduling principles
2. Material handling systems
3. Plant maintenance and decommissioning
4. Plant operations and performance
5. Dimensional control of complex assemblies
6. Quality and business improvement
7. Workplace study and ergonomics
8. Statistical process control
The programme will be delivered in a block of 14 weeks, with a two week break for Easter.
Any person offered a position will be required to complete a DBS application. Activate Apprenticeships is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Activate Learning are committed to employing disabled people and will ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. We guarantee to offer an interview to all applicants with a disability provided they meet the essential criteria for a role. We will anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as required and support any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to stay in work. If you require an accessible format please contact us.