1 day left
- Organisational Type
- GFE College
Milton Keynes College Offender Learning Team are seeking experienced Vocational Lecturers/Trainers to deliver a variety of accredited and non-accredited Vocational qualifications to a diverse group of learners within prisons at multiple locations in England.
You will use your current industry experience to support and inspire learners to develop confidence, skills and experience in order for them to achieve Vocational qualifications, which learners can then put to use to gain sustainable employment upon release.
We provide education to 27 prisons across England and as a sessional worker you would have the opportunity to work at multiple sites if that suited. You could also cover across multiple courses if you hold qualifications or expertise in more than one area.
The locations of our 27 prisons are:
East Midlands – HMP Gartree, HMP Leicester, HMP Nottingham, HMP Whatton, HMP Stocken, HMP Sudbury, HMP Ranby.
West Midlands – HMPYOI Brinsford, HMP Oakwood, HMP Featherstone, HMP Birmingham, HMPYOI Swinfen Hall, HMP Hewell, HMP Long Lartin, HMP Stafford, HMP Drake Hall, HMP Foston Hall.
South – HMP Woodhill, HMPYOI Aylesbury, HMP Bullingdon, HMP Spring Hill & Grendon, HMP Coldingley, HMP Huntercombe, HMP Isle of Wight, HMP Winchester.
We would be very interested to hear from candidates who are experienced in one or more of the following areas, able to deliver up to Level 2, and able to travel to any of these locations:
- Multi skills
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Wall/Floor tiling
- Paving/Hard Landscaping/Ground works
- Painting & Decorating/Plastering
- Industrial Cleaning/Cleaning Services
- WAMITAB/Waste Management
This is an exciting time for prison education and a great opportunity to experience prison teaching as a variable hours/sessional tutor with potential to be covering part or full time hours. There are also temp to perm opportunities with a number of our current vocational roles and the opportunity for further progression and continued professional development as an employee of Milton Keynes College.
Prison education runs all year round, all day Monday-Thursday and generally until lunchtime on a Friday. Delivery hours can range from 4.5-6.5 per day split across two long lessons, within an overall 08:00-17:00 day (please note these times do vary slightly from site to site).
The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can thrive upon working within a challenging yet rewarding environment, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses. You will be a team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Experience embedding Maths, English, E&D and Employability is essential, in order to successfully deliver the curriculum.
More about the rewards
- Amazing discounts with NUS card or Blue Light Card , ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Access to Teachers Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Tax free childcare scheme
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant Vocational qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven record of accomplishment of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.
Milton Keynes College is a committed safer recruitment employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.
Jobs at Milton Keynes College - Whatever your Direction
We want to develop a more diverse workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community
The College is proactively committed to Sustainable Development through the learning opportunities it delivers, its management of resources and its engagement with communities