HE Curriculum Lead- Public Service
Starting salary of £28,855 per annum rising to £34,430 with experience in the role.
A vacancy has arisen for a curriculum leader within the Police and Public Services area. If you are looking for a new challenge and would like to utilise your skills and experience whilst developing your own career, this role will be both rewarding and fulfilling. You will pass on your specialist knowledge and develop skills for the future.
Within this role you will teach a range of level 3 – 6 courses across FE and HE. The focus will be on HE and progression from BTEC to degree studies. Key duties include:
- Delivering high quality teaching and learning
- Guiding and supporting learners, providing pastoral support and care
- Providing appropriate assignment material for each programme and developing our contextual learning
- Monitoring the progress, retention and achievement of learners
- Maximising learner recruitment
- Improving the progression rate of learners from FE to HE
- Engaging in the development strategy for UCP, including achieving new degree awarding powers
Essential requirements are a Level 6 or above qualification or equivalent in the relevant area, and suitable industrial experience. The successful applicant will be willing to work towards their level 5 or equivalent teaching qualification and/or Masters if not already held. We welcome applications from people in industry, in particular professionals with senior experience within the police or probation, and will provide the necessary support to obtain a professional teaching qualification.
You will be a self starter, who can quickly build relationships, with excellent organisation and planning abilities. This is a great opportunity to invest in the next generation of professionals and contribute significantly to an exciting education project.