Job Title: Commercial Executive
Reports to: Business Solutions Head of Business Development
Salary: £23,797- £25,961
Direct Reports: None
The Commercial Executive will demonstrate excellent communication skills and relationship management techniques to build relationships with employers and internal staff. The successful candidate will work within the CI Business Solutions team managing co-investor accounts and allocated key accounts developing existing and new clients to exceed individual and team targets. Promoting and creating opportunities for Colchester institute through Apprenticeships and full cost training programmes (open courses and in-company bespoke programmes) and providing excellent customer service.
To build long term relationships with employers to identify Apprenticeship and full cost training opportunities. Following up with telemarketing campaigns; outbound telephone calls and processing inbound telephone and email enquiries.
- Appointment generation through warm and cold calls outbound.
- Customer service calls to existing customers to identify new opportunities outbound.
- Data cleansing – outbound
- Customer service calls for secured Apprenticeship contracts.
- Distribution of company literature to new prospects and existing accounts.
- Commercial sales and Business Development support including diary management.
- Involvement with marketing planning and carrying out planned follow up calls.
- Follow up campaign prospecting.
- General administration duties.
- To exceed individual and team targets for Apprenticeships and financial key performance indicators and manage the commercial risk to ensure income generation exceeds targets.
- To deliver presentations aimed at both students and tutors around the work experience and Apprenticeship opportunities available.
- To develop accounts and follow up on leads, keeping concise records on the CRM and keep up to date with products. Maintaining accurate records on CRM ensuring relevant employer information is directed to team members and Account Managers.
- To contribute to increase in sales and maintain our company-client relationships at a high standard and developing best practices.
- Maintain accounts and act as a point of contact for employers. Processing enquiries and dealing with problems in a timely manner.
- To support the health and safety/safeguarding process, ensuring the safety of Colchester Institute learners in the workplace.
- To manage the risk to ensure income generation of open courses, full cost and Apprenticeships are exploited to maximise the financial return and secure a steady cash flow.
- To promote Colchester Institute’s employer led products and services to all employers; working in partnership with Account Managers to create training opportunities and to identify employer leads generating appointments.
- Expanding the Apprenticeship offering in keeping with ESFA funding rules and safeguarding the organisations contract against risk.
- To provide timely and accurate activity reports and updates.
- To undertake customer satisfaction evaluations ensuring a high quality service is maintained.
- To represent and promote Colchester Institute, Apprenticeships and GAP activity at internal and external exhibitions networking and open events.
- Work to promote and apply the College’s Safeguarding and Child Protection policy and practices.
- Work to promote and apply the College’s Equality & Diversity policy and practices.
This job description is a guide to the duties that the postholder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Colchester Institute.
Date: July 2018