Salary: Up to £23,811 per annum pro rata for unqualified and
Up to £34,917 per annum pro rata qualified.
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Start date: ASAP
Closing Date: 4th October 2019
A day in the life of…..
- Delivering innovative and engaging theoretical and practical sessions
- monitor and follow up of learners with appropriate staff, liaising with colleagues, managers and technicians to ensure a continuous experience for learners of all ages
- Keeping up to date with sector trends and developments and ensuring learners are aware of new sector guidelines and practices
- Liaising with industry contacts to develop strong working relationships
- Working collaboratively as part of a successful motor vehicle team
- Contributing to curriculum development, design and qualification structure
- Assessing learners work effectively and providing constructive feedback
- Experience of working with or a commitment to gain experience of hybrid vehicles
- light vehicle experience
- leading and supporting course design and scheme of work planning
- Innovative teaching and learning strategies in theoretical and practical settings
- Excellent communication skills
- Level 3 Motor vehicle qualification,
- Level 2 Award in MOT testing,
- Hybrid vehicles qualification or the commitment to gain one
- Teaching qualification or the commitment to gain one
- Assessors and IQA award or the commitment to gain one
Ideal attributes of applicant:
- Interest in training future mechanics and developing learners to move into the work place with the skills, knowledge and behaviours to be a success.
- Hybrid vehicles interest. Prepared to work within a dynamic team moving towards being an outstanding department.
- Motivated and enthusiastic individual who positively contributes to the development of young people, the department and wider College priorities